FC (FFC) Player Code of Conduct
This document has been developed to distinguish approved and accepted professional, ethical, and moral behaviour for FFC team members. If you do not understand any element of this code please speak with your coach and ask for clarification. It is expected that players in agreeing to be part of a FFC team will respect this Code of Conduct and the Club philosophy. You will be asked to sign this Code of Conduct and return it to your Team Manager. Please ensure that you keep a copy of this Code of Conduct for your reference.
CODE OF CONDUCT
It is a privilege to play for a FFC team. Players are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which is in keeping with representing their Team, Club, District and League in a professional manner .
- Players are expected to know and respect the rules of soccer, their Club, District and League and abide by them at all times.
- Players are expected to show good sportsmanship at all times and conduct themselves with honor and dignity while working for the good of their team and giving their best effort at all times.
- Coaches are appointed by the FFC Board and are under the direction of the Club Technical Director who ensures that a monitoring system is in place throughout the evaluation, selection process, and regular season and Cup play.
DEMONSTRATE COMMITMENT AND PERFORMANCE
Commitment is to your FFC Team. This takes priority over other sports and activities for the duration of the soccer season and related Cup play. The only exceptions are important soccer related activities as approved by your Team Coach and the FFC Technical Director.
- Players are expected to be on time for all training sessions, games and events. Lateness WILL NOT be tolerated.
- Report to your Team Coach all injuries, special medical conditions (such as asthma), or extenuating circumstances (such as lack of sleep or family crisis), that may affect the player. Injured players still need to report to training unless excused by your Team Coach.
- If you cannot attend a session, game or event you must email your Team Manager or Coach at least one day prior with the reason for your absence before receiving approval. Players that miss sessions without notification will have a review of their participation based on the circumstances and communication.
FFC will strive to communicate professionally and openly with players and parents. The Club will mainly communicate via the club website (www.fusionfc.ca) and email.
- It is the responsibility of the player and parents to have a proper email address that is checked regularly.
- It is the responsibility of the player and parents to check and review the website to understand the Club, its programs and policies.
- It is the responsibility of the player and parents to know all team staff and club contacts.
- It is the responsibility of the player and parents to regularly check the website for updates.
Players are required to wear assigned FFC equipment for all official events.
- If issued FFC training gear must be worn to all training sessions.
- FFC gear must be worn to all games and if required by the Team Coach while traveling to and from games and at all official meetings.
PLAYING TIME AND SELECTION
- Playing time and selection will be based on performance and attitude. At instructed by FFC playing time policy, players can expect to play a minimum of 30% available playing time for league games – assuming they are at full fitness, participate in training sessions and have demonstrated a positive attitude towards the team and other players. There is no minimum playing time in Cup play. Player selection is at the discretion and final decision of the Team Coach.
- Any discussion of playing time outside of player performance should not be discussed with the Team Coaches. Any concerns in this area can be addressed to the Technical Director.
- Lack of respect for this guideline, or discussions with Team Head Coaches on the topic may affect participation.
FOLLOW THE LINES OF COMMUNICATION
The main contact for information is your Team Manager who will be in place within the first few weeks of training. Your Team Manager may direct queries to the Team Head Coach, Technical Director, or FFC Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Speak to your Team Coach at the proper time. Do not discuss issues with coaches on game days or during a practice. If you have concerns you can ask for the best time to talk, or use the telephone or email. If it is about a game it is best to let the dust settle for a few days.
SPORTSMANSHIP AND RESPECT FOR OPPONENTS AND OFFICIALS
- Realize that a team’s reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on sportsmanship.
- Be gracious in victory, and turn defeat into victory by working toward improvement.
- Refrain from commenting on the decisions of officials during the game. The team captain may address the officials during the game, but only within the provisions of the rules, and in a courteous, respectful manner. DO NOT openly question the judgment or honesty of any game officials.
- Any negative comments by a player, parent or team official regarding officiating will be taken seriously and may result in disciplinary action.
- The use of abusive language, profanity, humiliating remarks, and/or gestures of ill temper, will not be tolerated.
RESPECT FOR OPPOSITION AND FACILITIES
In representing FFC you are expected to respect not only opposition players, but also all opposition facilities. This includes cleaning up after yourself at the end of all games and keeping any guest opposition facilities in the state they were found. Any violation of this will not be tolerated.
- The use of a substance (drugs, alcohol or tobacco), or possession of a substance, or both use and possession, is cause for immediate dismissal.
- Persistent irresponsible and disrespectful behavior is cause for dismissal.
- Destruction of property or violation of provincial, state or other law is cause for dismissal.
- Failure to comply with any and all team rules (attendance, dress code, schedules, etc.), may be cause for disciplinary action. At the discretion of the FFC Board persistent failure will be cause for suspension or dismissal from the Club for the remainder of the current season, and could affect a player’s further participation.
- The FFC Board retains its rights to impose additional penalties for any violation of 1-4. Please note that if dismissal or suspension occurs while away, the player may be sent home immediately at the parent’s expense by whatever means is most convenient for the team official. No reimbursement of any fees will be made to the dismissed or suspended player or the player’s family.